I am a mother living in the UK and have a separate account for the child benefits I receive. I am saving them for my childs college. I do not work myself. Should I pay khums on that money? Also recently my husband asked me for some amount from that bank account for loan for a few months, he has already returned half the amount to my child's bank. How will khums apply in that situation? Our khums year starts in September.

It is the responsibility of their father to pay their khums as long as they
are not baligh yet
This money is belong to children, parents are not allowed to use this money.