I got married and Alhumdulillah have two children, my husband does not help me, he does not provide for the children and he has cheated. I want to get divorced from him do we have to get divorced by a sheikh or are we able to do it amongst ourselves with a witness ?
My husband and I both agree to get divorced.

You will need to go through a proper channel of mediation and through a religious scholar. Please kindly contact a scholar to facilitate this process if things are not working out