In year 1980s I lent a sum of money to a relative, after I done so I did not ask for the money back however 2 years ago we had a falling out and after this I asked for my money to be returned. The problem is I lent the money in (currency removed) and at the time the money was worth a lot more. So my question is, is there a way to calculate the change in the value of the money as my (currency removed)5000 in year 1980s would have got me a lot more than it would now.

No. There is no way to do so.