What are the requirements and steps taken for a khula? Is it sufficient that I and my husband agree to the separation?

The Khul’i divorce is when you give up your dowry so that your husband divorces you. If you both agree then that’s all that’s required. He issues a Khul’i divorce (or he gives Wikala to a scholar to do it on his behalf) in the presence of two witnesses.